Sunday, May 21, 2006

I think I've realized that it is almost impossible to have proper etiquette while you are pregnant. I have tried so hard to maintain my normal state of living... but it is so hard!

Last week we went to dinner and then the symphony with some friends. The night started out the same as every other day the last couple of months with a race to find something presentable to wear. With some advice from a friend I was able to leave the house looking somewhat dressed up. I drive Dan crazy because on nights like this I will still choose heels over comfortable shoes... it's probably not the best idea with my lack of balance right now... but I need something to make me feel like I look good.

We made it to dinner on time and I made it through the meal without spilling anything down the front of my shirt. My only major issue there was my huge snort during the middle of conversation. That was a first... and hopefully a last! I was mortified. (My snoring at night has gotten so bad that Dan has begun recording me on his cell phone to prove that it actually happens!) Nobody tells you things like this happen when you're nearing the end of pregnancy.

Anyways... we then drove to the Symphony Hall... but had to park about 5 blocks from the entrance. I had decided against putting flip flops in my purse before we left... so I decided to walk barefoot while Dan carried my shoes. Bad idea! I stubbed my toe so bad I thought I was going to start crying. We entered the beautiful entrance to the Hall with blood streaming down my foot. I made it to the bathroom (with my shoes on) but could barely fit into the stall. I was able to get cleaned up enough to make it to our seats right before the performance started... which was amazing... and the guys were nice enough to get the car for us after it was over!

I now understand why other women have a look of compassion when they see my belly. They understand the loss of being able to get dressed in a normal outfit, of spilling things down the front of your shirt, of not being able to remember what you did two hours ago, and of having no issue with speaking your mind to a perfect stranger who cut you off in the produce section at the grocery store. Thank goodness there are people in this world who understand me right now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay - I can't believe that you have not told about this blog spot before now - I guess it is a little like carrying your wedding album around with you; mentioning your blog - It can be the one thing I do to start my day, learn more about the Reeve family. anyway - hope your day is going well - I am headed to get my family one of these spots. katherine