Saturday, August 04, 2007

I think that it's hard to really appreciate some things until you don't have them anymore. It is unbelievable to me that this is the part of the country I grew up in. Spending time here in Mt. Shasta has been such a breath of fresh air. Here are some pics of the last week.

August 1 - We spent the day with my twin sister Erica, niece Lexie, and my Mom and Dad at Lake Siskiyou. Here Dan and I are checking out the view of Mt. Shasta while we were kayaking.

My Dad and Erica.

August 2 - We took a picnic lunch to the headwaters of the Sacramento River. I've been trying to get a picture of Carter in front of every major place we go. The headwaters are just behind him. It's crazy that this little stream turns into a huge river within a couple miles of this location.

My Mom with Lexie and Carter.

After lunch we hiked down to the Hedge Creek Waterfall in the neighboring town of Dunsmuir. Legend has it that a stagecoach robber hid out here.

I had to post this pic because Lexie took it. Not bad for a 7 year old.

August 3 - We did a little bit of shopping in downtown Mt. Shasta.

My sister Cari stopped by for dinner on her way up to the Klamath River for a weekend rafting trip with her husband. It was good to see her even though it was only for a few hours.

My cousin Beverly also stopped by before Cari left. It has been so great to see so much family the last few weeks!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Looks like a great trip- can't wait to see you, it's been forever. Beautiful pics- I love the northwest!