Wednesday, August 31, 2005

What Not to Buy

I have to start out by saying that I love guacamole. Everytime our Bible Study has dinner together we bring it. Today we stopped by Trader Joe's on our way home to pick up some avocados (we have Bible Study tonight). I had just bought some there two days ago so I didn't think they would be hard to find. I circled the produce section two times and didn't see them. I was a little frustrated until one of the Trader Joe's employee's pointed out some huge green guava looking fruit. They were Slim-Ados. Don't ever buy them! It made my guacamole making go by a lot faster... since they were HUGE... but they taste horrible! On the sticker is says they have 50% less fat. How do you grow produce with less fat? I'm sure there is some scientific answer... but I don't care. The Trader Joe's guy said we could take them back if we didn't like them... but that's a little hard now since there is a huge bowl of Slim-Mole sitting in our refrigerator!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alyssa; stick to picking shoes.

Kate said...

sounds pretty bad. I'll stick to the old-school, whole-fat style. Hope you both are well. We got back from NY last week and I just started my new job. things are going well. It would have been great to make it through your area, but it didn't work with our roadie-friends.

Next time you're in Portland, call. Next time we're heading cross-country, we'll call.