Thursday, February 23, 2006

One thing I can not get used to out here is the midwest winters and summers. It was so bitterly cold this weekend. It's hard to think about how the weather has been in Chico lately. It really makes me homesick. Saturday the low was around 4 degrees... 4 DEGREES! I know it's nothing compared to some of the Northern states... but that is still darn cold. We were in a wedding on Saturday which meant I had to leave the house in a skirt... but it was worth it. Finding a skirt that I could fit into is another story... but it worked out and the wedding was a lot of fun.

Anyways... it warmed up to the 30's by Monday... just in time for our heater to stop working that night while Dan was at class. When he called me on his way home I explained that the pilot light was still on, but no air was coming out of the vents. He explained to me nicely when he got home that I was looking at the water heater and not the furnace. It turned out that our ignition switch on the furnace had cracked. Dan figured out what was wrong without having to call a repairman... which would have cost $400.00. He was able to track down the $40.00 replacement part on Tuesday!!


I had to post a picture of him fixing it since he did such an awesome job. Thanks Dan!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dan is so kind. I am laughing out loud though!

SD