Wednesday, April 20, 2011

We're not in California anymore...

Well... we actually haven't lived in California for almost 8 1/2 years. Even thought it's been that long... I don't think I'll ever really get used to the storms we have here. I had no idea when we moved to St. Louis that basements were used for more than just another living space.... they are actually necessary for safety. We've had a love/hate relationship with our basement here at Joe's Place... but that's a story for another day. Anyway... it stormed last night. It wasn't as bad as a storm that came through about a month ago... but the sirens did go off a couple times. We spent about an hour outside on the porch watching the storm roll in. I'll never get over how much the sky changes in such a short period of time!

I took this with my phone earlier in the day while we were on a walk... totally didn't realize until later that I got a plane in the shot!


You can see a few blowing leaves in this picture... but just about 10 minutes before I took this it almost looked like it was snowing leaves in front of our house because of the wind!


Ty wanted a few shots with his basketball with the changing sky in the background... even though he's in baseball season now. :)


He told me he wanted lightning strikes behind him in this one. We made sure we were inside before that happened! I did hear on the news this morning that there were some tornados near St. Louis... but thankfully we didn't see any!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amazing shots, Alyssa! The storms have been fierce this year, but make for incredible pictures. ;)

Audrey Woita said...

Love these pictures. Sorry you had to learn that basements are not just for storage. I'm thinking you've been dry so far this year...

I'm glad you're not in California anymore! But I miss it too. Maybe we should all move to Colorado...?