Saturday, March 12, 2005

Oh the Pain

Alyssa and I just joined the local community rec. center on Thursday. I thought it was a good idea until I tried to move faster than a walk for the first time in about a year. I warmed up on the treadmill, stretched and then played basketball. Its hard to play when you have memories of playing when jumping and running didn’t actually cause physical pain. Well hopefully in a few days it won’t be so bad and then I can dunk on Base, Luke, Dray, Nevens and Aunt Dread when I see them next, just like the good o’days of Chico church league basketball on the hallowed carpeted floors of that church off of Vallombrosia on Filbert.

5 comments:

Alyssa Reeve said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Alyssa Reeve said...

Dan, we used to live on Vallombrosa. You should know it doesn't have an i. I thought I would give you a hard time before Erica did.

Erica said...

Yes, I was just about to comment once again on Dan's difficulty in spelling. I mean you lived on the street for goodness sake. How hard is it to remember how its spelled. If you need to you can forward your posts to me ahead of time to check the spelling! :)

Anonymous said...

In all fairness to Dan, I have never been able to spell that word.

bowpack said...

Dan will once again play basketball like he did football back in the CPC days. When life was grand. And simple.