Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Happy Birthday Grandpa

Well, I just wanted to say Happy Birthday to my Grandfather. I know he has started to look at the blog recently. He will celebrate his birthday on Sunday, May 1st. My Grandfather's name is Floyd... he is one of the most encouraging people I know. Ever since I can remember, he has always talked to me about the importance of my education. I will never forget our family trips to visit him in the San Francisco Bay Area. He would always take the time to sit down with me to go over my times tables... not that any tutoring ever helped me in math. But, it made me feel important to be able to sit down at his desk and use one of his pens and pads of paper to go over and over the numbers. He is also the best omlet maker I know. One of the great parts of our visits has always been to wake up and sit at the bar in his kitchen while he fixes our omlets, toast, and bowl of fruit. When I was younger he would take myself and my two sisters, Erica and Cari, on trips to the Merry-Go-Round. We would always get cotton candy afterwards. I'm sure that was a nightmare for him, three young girls with pink sticky candy on their hands, but he always made sure we had the best time in the world. So, I just wanted to say Happy Birthday to the Greatest Grandfather ever. Happy Birthday Grandpa!!

1 comment:

Erica said...

Ok Alyssa you can check out my blog! :)