Sunday, January 29, 2006

It's been another busy month here at the Reeve household. We always think things are going to slow down... but I guess we just have to realize that's the way our life is right now. The good thing is... busy days tend to make the month fly by.

The month began with a surprise birthday visit from my parents! Our visits always seem to go by too fast... but we had so much fun. Dan surprised me with tickets the US Figure Skating Championships the last night they were here!!! Our tickets were for the very last row... but we still had a great view and didn't have to worry about anyone sitting behind us spilling beer down our backs.

The picture above is Dan drinking some rum out of his flask. He said he wouldn't be able to make it through the night without some help... but I know he secretly enjoyed the skating. It was so fun being able to see the skaters that will be competing in the Olympics.

Another exciting part of the month was hearing our baby's heartbeat for the 2nd time. We'll have our 1st ultrasound at the end of next month... but we've decided not to find out what we're having. It still seems so unreal to us.

Dan is still super busy with school, but is enjoying his job much more this semester. He comes home with the most hilarious stories... but this one tops my list. He lets students eat lunch in his classroom most days. Last week some students were trying to get Dan to do the "Step Snap" dance which comes from Atlanta (see DL4, Laffy Taffy for an example of the sound and the dance). The great part is... he tried it with varied success. His students were laughing pretty hard... I only wish I could have seen it! Lets just say our household music selection has changed to include much more hip hop.

I hope all is well with everyone! We'll be in Chico at the end of March... so hopefully we'll get to see some of you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Reeves...i sent you an email and it came back...what IS your e-mail address? let me know, mine is bethjreid@yahoo.com

Dan, i so wish i could be a fly on the wall in your
classes and i can't wait to talk pedagogy with you :)

Alyssa, missing you, our talks, your laugh and smile
and support.

So i hear you're coming...yea!! unfortunately i have
a conference that weekend in Fresno, if it's the
24-26th like Luke said. You wouldn't possibly be
having the shower on the Sunday? I can be back then,
but not Saturday...:( Let me know. I'd love to help
if I can, and if i can;t be there, we'll have our own
one.

Congrats again, friends. Love you lots,

Beth