Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year's

Since we have yet to ever write a Christmas letter (I think next year will be the year!) I thought I would summarize what we might have said in today's posting. It's amazing to think back to a year ago and reflect on all the great experiences and changes we have had...

We spent our first year in our own home and already have some very memorable experiences here (Dan's 30th Birthday Party and awesome visits with family and friends).


Dan stopped his tree business and sold his dump truck (much to my relief!).

Dan started a second Masters program and began teaching 11th and 12th grade English.

We were able to spend a week in Haiti...

and were able to spend time with family in California (our family walk in the Bay area)...

Idaho (part of the Reeve clan)...

and Washington (Dan's Mom Paula and our niece Grace and nephew Caleb at the Pike's Place fish market)...

We took our first trip to the South and had an awesome Labor Day weekend with some of our best friends from Seminary...


The year went by so quickly... it's hard to believe it's already 2006! We also have much to look forward to this year. We will celebrate our 4th year of marriage in a couple days! As I look back I can see how the Lord has continued to grow us through each year. It has been amazing! The end of this month will also mark the end of our 3rd year in St. Louis (wow how time flies!) and our 3rd year with our Church family. I really do mean family. We have been richly blessed by this wonderful group of people. July will mark the most major change of our year. We are expecting our first child on July 8th. We are so excited and can't wait to meet the newest addition to our family.

We hope the start of the new year has been wonderful for all of you as well!!

3 comments:

Kate said...

Hey, sorry we missed you in Seattle. We were only there a few hours. Next time! Sounds like you had a great year, it was fun reading about it little by little on this blog. Thanks for sharing.

Kate said...

Alyssa, I skimmed through this the first time and missed the part about you two having a baby!!! I can't believe I did that. Last night I was hanging out with Mike, Gretchen, Kristen, Dillon, and they said you were expecting...I was like, no way! I read the blog, she would have said something...You did. Wow! We are SO excited for you both. What a joy. Please keep us posted with pictures and stories. I am sure everyone will love it, I know I sure will.

Alyssa Reeve said...

Thanks Katie! We will be sure to keep the blog updated. It still doesn't seem real to us! I'll be sure to let you know the next time we are headed out your way!! We'll get together one of these days :)