Thursday, July 27, 2006

It has been an eventful week... that's part of the reason I have taken so long to post. I guess I'm not doing so well with my daily pictures. A week ago Wednesday St. Louis experienced one of the worst storms in 100 years. The storms here are like nothing I have ever experienced in California. Trees are down everywhere and power has still not been restored to some homes. 500 thousand people lost power... including us. The picture below is of Carter in our basement during his first tornado warning last Wednesday (he slept through the entire thing). Dan's parents flew in that night to a pitch black airport. We had to wait until Thursday to go get their luggage. We were just glad they were able to land. We didn't have power restored to our house until Saturday. Several of our friends finally got their power back last night. The bummer thing was that we were under an extreme heat warning during the days we did not have power. The humidity here is awful!
We were thankful our church got its power back on Saturday as well. Carter was baptized Sunday during our morning service.
So now we are somewhat back to normal. We were sad to say goodbye to Dan's parents yesterday but are excited to have Dan's brother Dave and sister in law Laurisa fly in tonight. It's hard to be so far away from family... especially now with Carter changing so much. He loves to be on his back now and is really starting to make eye contact.
Lastly... I had to post a before and after picture of Dan. Here he is with his Dad and Carter yesterday...
and here he is today!! He's going to be mad at me for posting this picture... but he finally shaved!!! I love it... except now he won't be able to buy a beer without showing his ID!

4 comments:

Erica said...

He is just so precious! I can't wait to hold him.

Anonymous said...

Where's the daily pic?

Anonymous said...

Dan and Alyssa, I'm so glad your Mom told me about your blog. Ronny and loved the pictures of Carter and just to get a glimps into your life. What a precious family, the pics are great and we look so forward to seeing you at Christmas too.
Dan, you are a handsome guy with or without the beard, but for Alyssa sake I'm glad she has a smooth face to cuddle with.
Love you three, Terry for us both

Anonymous said...

I had to call your Mom Alyssa to figure out how to do the comments.
Wow, this is so great. I loved seeing pictures of you guys and the precious new member of your family. Carter is a doll. It just makes me waant to hug you two and to hold and kiss and make a fuss over him. You are just a precious family. I pray God's continued blessing on you three. You are all such a gift.

I think Dan that you are a handsome man, who looks good with or without the beard, but for Alyssa I'm glad you shaved it so when you guys snuggle she has a smooth face to kiss.

Hope we get to see you three at Christmas, We love you Terry for us both