Thursday, February 22, 2007

This has been one of those weeks that started out with a bad day and just turned into a bad week. It's probably partly me. It's a good thing I am the only female in this house because I have more than enough crazy in me to go around. It all started with taking our car to get an emissions test done on Tuesday. Dan had the day off so we decided we would go together and then stop and get breakfast later. After waiting in line for more than 45 minutes for the test, our car stopped working as soon as they plugged it in. The workers pushed us out to the parking lot and just left us. I was so mad... and kind of lost it in the office saying things like "I hate the state of Missouri"... which I really don't. Dan kept giving me the look... sorry Dan. Our good friend Sarah drove all the way out to get us (thank you Sarah... for picking us up and helping us relax:)). Anyways, our car was towed to the mechanic to get the problem worked out and we still don't have it back.

I am such a "glass half empty" person. The good parts of my week really should outweigh the bad parts... but I just don't ever look at it that way. There have been some great parts to this week... like dinner with friends, making Carter laugh, talking to my best friend Lisa, playing video games with the guys, and getting to go outside without a coat on for the first time in months. I really am going to try and be "half full" for the rest of the week.

Here are some pics...

Dan took these cool pictures of the sunset casting shadows on our wall a couple days ago. It has been so nice to see the sun lately.


This is the "I know I'm not supposed to be here" look.

Taking a bottle break.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whose the bottle break for; Carter or Alyssa?

Anonymous said...

Dan

sbh said...

alyssa,
sorry, this note is so belated, but i am glad to help anytime. glad that i could rescue you and dan from the stinking state of MO. we're glad you're here, even though it's really a beyatch sometimes : ) xox.