Friday, September 07, 2007

I shouldn't be sitting at the computer right now since we are heading out of town for our church retreat in a couple hours... but I couldn't help posting what Carter's latest obsession caused today. This a picture of him yesterday with his favorite thing... keys.

He doesn't spend much time in one place... but he will actually stand for 10 minutes at this cabinet putting the keys in the lock. He is so obsessed with keys that we made him his own key ring (complete with real keys, remote lock, and everything) so he wouldn't be so focused on finding ours. Anyways... the man we bought our car from had a remote start system installed. That's probably the reason Carter would rather play with our keys. It didn't take him long to figure out how to start the car and make the alarm go off. Each of those consists of pushing buttons more than one time. Today we had an early morning appointment. I brought Carter everything he needed to keep him occupied. We parked in the garage and took an elevator up to the office. It didn't take Carter long to start to melt down... so I gave him my keys. I thought there was no way the remote could reach the car since we were so far away. I was wrong... when we walked down to the car about 45 minutes later the car was running, lights were on, and windshield wipers were going. I guess I've learned my lesson. He's just so busy. When we stopped by the church office later today he got a jolly rancher stuck in the back of our administrative assistant's computer speaker.

No comments: