Wednesday, February 27, 2008

All day I've been thinking... snow, snow go away... come back in late 2008. I am so sick of this weather. I never though I would say it... but I am sick of the snow. I am sick of the cold. I just want to be able to go outside. I did take Carter for a walk on Monday. I think it got up to 35 degrees that morning. He was crying pretty hard by the time we got back to our neighborhood. For the last block and a half I carried him while pushing the stroller and trying not to slip on the ice. I'll wait until it's a little warmer for our next walk. Every other day we go to a different mall so he can run. It's kind of nice. I get some exercise and he gets tired. We have also been taking an awesome class at our coffee shop in downtown Maplewood. Today's class was all about fire trucks... which was even more awesome. Carter even got to put out a pretend fire. Too bad we didn't learn that skill until today. Last night we had a little accident when I was trying to entertain Carter by making popcorn in the fireplace. Anyway... I'm just looking forward to the days when we can get outside again.

Here's a picture of Dan and Carter yesterday. They are watching a dump truck video on YouTube (another thing we've been using to help pass the time inside).

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I still love the hair - I wished it snowed more while I was there!

Anonymous said...

Looks like dad and son were having some quality time together. What a precious blessing our little guy is!!!!!!

sbh said...

same here. i think i'm getting a bit depressed being inside. i hope you're feeling better. i'm sorry i didn't know you were sick when i called you that sunday to take pictures. love...sbh

homesweetidahome said...

Looking forward to seeing you this summer too! When are you coming out?