Saturday, February 23, 2008

I've been meaning to do this post for a long time... but have been fighting off the flu for about 3 weeks now (thanks to everyone checked in on me). Every time I think I'm feeling better it seems to come back. Carter and I will be missing church for the 3rd time this week. He's not been doing great either. We finally took him into the doctor yesterday and came home with medicine for an ear infection. Then right before bed last night he threw up all over Dan because he was coughing so hard (that was the third time this week). Poor guy!

Anyways... I've been wanting to put up pictures that show some of our favorite memories so far from 2008.

We got to spend some time with the Kennedy family (good friends from Seminary) on January 1st. That's one of the great things about still living in St. Louis... we get to see friends when they come through town. The kids loved the lockers in our basement.

Carter giving Amelia a New Year's Day kiss.

Grammy and Papa came for a visit in January. Carter giving Grammy a hug (he doesn't give them out often).

At the playground with Papa.

Coffee with Katherine's Mom in Godfrey, IL (my Mom was taking the picture).
Manna reading to Carter.
Carter and I took a trip to CO to see Uncle Scott, Aunt Cari, and the Baker's (good friends from Seminary) while Dan was in Santa Fe for a conference. We went to a coffee shop in downtown Fort Collins the first morning we were there. Carter was sick the whole trip :(... but we still had a really good time.
Reading with Aunt Cari and Stanford the cat.
Stanford and Zephyr waiting for leftovers from Carter.
Trying to get a pic with Carter and the Baker kids. I realized later that I never got a picture of Grayson. Here is Carter (kind of) with Coleman and Meredith. It was so fun to meet Meredith.

I got to spend an entire afternoon with Emily because my awesome brother-in-law kept Carter. He even took Carter to the grocery store.
The Symphony with Sarah and Katherine. This is one of the reasons I love living in a big city!
We have gotten so much snow in St. Louis this year. One snow day we built an igloo with the guys. It was a house rule that everyone had to crawl through it. Here is Dan getting Steven back for all the snow he threw at us that day.

Fred and Steven.
Fun with friends at a Blue's Hockey game.

My best friend, Lisa, from High School came for the Holiday weekend. It was so fun to spend time with her. The only bummer was that she caught our flu!Lastly... Carter having some ice cream with Fred and Steven. He gets special treats from them that he never gets from Mommy and Daddy.

No comments: