Sunday, June 08, 2008

Snorkeling and more!

Today my dad, Dan and I headed back to the beach for some morning snorkeling. We took an underwater camera this time. I'll have to post those pictures once we have the film developed. I have pictures of Dan going through an underwater rock tunnel. He kind of freaked me out... but at least we have it on camera. I guess he's just trying to get me prepared for Carter.

For lunch we joined my mom and dad at an awesome Mexican restaurant and then drove by an old Catholic church called The Painted Church.




After a successful nap from Carter... this is what he figured out yesterday...



we headed back to the National Park we visited Wednesday. Dan read in a book today that there is a trail that is not listed on any of the park brochures. The book showed a lava tube that led out to the ocean where people cliff jump. We decided to check it out. When we pulled in the Park Ranger told us the lava tube was gated a couple years ago because of big cracks in the ceiling... but that there was a great coastal trail that led up to the area. We decided to check it out. It was amazing. Here are some of the pictures...


Lava tube entrance (to be honest... I was pretty relieved it wasn't open anymore).
Standing on the cliff above the lava tube.

Dan and Carter on the edge of the cliff.

The lava tube exit.
Drinking from the Camelpack.Carter loved the tide pools.


He especially loved the hermit crabs. He kept picking them up out of the sand.
Here is video of him holding it. Don't mind me freaking out at the end.
I thought something bit me.



Our sand in the sea of lava rock.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I'm on Oahu. What Island are you on?

Also, I should have your email, but I don't.

here's mine: katelpattison@yahoo.com