Thursday, April 02, 2009

A Room with a View

Well... I wouldn't really call it much of a view... but Carter would disagree. He loves the view out his 2nd floor bedroom window... especially at night when his room is dark, and he can see the lights of passing planes, cars and trucks. Every now and then I will even find his blinds open when I go to check on him before I go to bed. I love that he has this tiny spot that is all his own amidst the (sometimes) craziness and noise in our house. Because of that... I tried to be really thoughtful as we transitioned to more of a "big boy" room. Some of the things I have been collecting for more than a year... so it's really fun to see it all put together. Here are some (ok... a lot) of pictures of the finished product....



He hasn't actually seen the truck pillow yet (it's going in his Easter basket) but I just couldn't resist putting it on his bed.





I LOVE this painting. Carter did it at Huntleigh's 3rd birthday party at the beginning of November. The dresser was his changing table. It's from our favorite antique shop.



The globe is the first of a collection we started for him. The wooden car and fire truck a few of a collection my dad found for him in Northern CA. I also love the name train from my Aunt in WA.





I left the car mobile above his rocking chair.



Here's a better look at his duvet cover. I saw it in a magazine and then realized it was from Ikea.



I also found these old license plates at our favorite antique shop. I thought it would be fun way to carry on the transportation theme. I have IL and MO so far... so if anyone has some plates from other states that they don't want... I would be happy to take them.



His favorite reading spot. My good friend Julie found these book ends a while back. They fit in perfectly!



For old time's sake... here's a picture of his first room.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Looks great, what a big boy! Your pics are also looking really good, having fun with photoshop? Love the one of Eden, so sweet!

Sunny in Lake Stevens!!!! said...

You have done a wonderful job of creating Carter's "space".

Lori said...

The room looks great!