Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Life's not always fair...

I think being a twin has ruined me. It is incredibly hard for me when things aren't exactly equal or fair. When I buy certain favorite foods for our boys... I'll buy 3 of everything and write their names on it so no one takes more than their fair share. So... right now I'm struggling because I'm posting more pictures of Claire than Carter. I know it's ok!! Anyway... I'm telling myself I'm going to be better about posting this month... and I'll have more pictures of Carter later... so here we go...

I always swore my sweet boy would NEVER play guns or shooting. I've heard that boys make guns out of everything and anything... but I knew that we weren't going to talk guns with Carter... so he wouldn't play them. I was SO wrong. Everything right now is about guns, shooting and dying. For example... today Carter wrapped himself in Christmas garland and told me he was being crucified. I had to ask him to repeat himself because I was sure I heard him wrong. A little later in the day (in the picture below) he was Goliath. At least we know he's paying attention during our nightly devotions. :)



And thankfully this sweet girl is ok with all the shooting... because she gets shot at A LOT during the day. She thinks it's really funny. She sure LOVES her big brother... and any and all types of food. Here she is feeding herself puffs while I'm feeding her peas...


You can just never enough of these kinds of shots! :) Happy 1st day of December!


4 comments:

Morgan said...

I felt the same way about guns- I would never let my boys play with them and they wouldn't know about them. ha! I guess the joke's on us. :)

Anonymous said...

Tobias and I just said at dinner last night that our sweet, tender-hearted boy really craves speed and violence. His green beans were zooming and crashing on the way to his mouth. So unfamiliar when you come from all girls:)
And I'm sure Lillian can identify with Claire and all the shooting. Sure would be fun to get them all together one of these days!
-Ellie

Audrey Woita said...

Love the Goliath pose and would have loved to see Carter crucified with garland...

something to ponder - do you think he cares about being photographed?

Alyssa said...

Aud... sometimes he cares... depends on the day... but he always loves looking at the pictures later. Actually... what he loves more than anything is taking his own pictures.