Friday, January 14, 2011

Getting there...

I've posted twice in one week now... we're starting to get back in our flow... hopefully! :)

Today marked a huge milestone in our house... Carter finally moved out of his car seat and into a booster. It was a decision that I thought about for months! I would have left him in his car seat for a lot longer... but Claire grew out of two different car-seats and we needed to figure out something else for her. The poor girl was starting to cry when we would buckle her up. So... she's in his old car seat. I remember when we first put Carter in that seat at 6 months! It goes by so fast! Claire also grew out of her winter hat a lot faster than I thought she would. The girl knows how to eat! I asked a friend (who is an incredible knitter) if she would make Claire a new hat. Carter has had the same knit hat since he was about Claire's age. I wanted her to have something unique that she could wear for a long time as well. This is what my friend dropped off tonight (do you see the owls?). Amazing!!!!


I also had to include this picture... Carter with his sweet friend Manna earlier today. I love that I have pictures of these two next to each other in infant car seats!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

oh my goodness! Carter and Manna look so grown up! Seriously Manna looks like a little teenager. And i love the knit hat!

Nana said...

What a darling knit hat. Manna and Carter do look so grown up.

Unknown said...

Incredible hat, the owls are adorable!
Also, cute picture of Carter and his friend.