Thursday, July 07, 2005

Real Simple

So... a bunch of girlfriends out here subscribe to this magazine called Real Simple (Dan wants to create a sister magazine titled "Totally Complicated." I found that pretty amusing). I glanced through it a few times over the last year and didn't really think much of it until someone loaned me about five copies. I have been hooked ever since! I love a section that talks about new uses for old household items (for example: lighting candles with a piece of un-used spaghetti... it really works!). Anyways... a recent article (out of another magazine called Cottage Living) explains how to grow wheat grass in small containers for decoration. It looks so cool. On Sunday I made Dan drive around St. Louis to find the perfect wheat grass seeds (what a great husband!) and today I planted them. I'll have to post a picture if they really grow. My Dad and two sisters (Erica and Cari) are really the ones with the green thumbs in the family... so we'll have to see how it goes.

Some friends gave us tickets to a musical tonight. I am really excited since it is done outside in a huge theater. Fortunately tonight is one of the cooler nights in St. Louis out of the past two weeks. It gets unbelievably hot here! I guess it is more the humidity that I have a hard time dealing with. It feels like you're breathing in flour... not really... but it's still pretty bad.

No comments: