Saturday, May 19, 2007

I think I always end up writing about how sad I am this weekend every year. We moved to St. Louis 4 1/2 years ago with the idea that Dan would be done with Seminary in 3 or 4 years and then we would move back to the West Coast. Obviously the Lord had a different plan for us as we are still here. We love it here... but are always so sad to see good friends leave. I wanted to say a extra special congrats to our dear friends Jen and Steve. Way to go you guys!

Now for our cat story of the week. I posted last week how we need a new home for our cat Eddie. He has been staying with some friends who didn't want him anymore. I saw my friend on Tuesday and asked her to just go ahead and bring Eddie over here to Joe's Place and we would figure out what to do when life slows down a bit. She apologized and said that she actually hadn't seen him since Friday. I was a little bummed (we got him when he was a kitten 4 years ago) but figured that maybe Eddie had found himself a new home on his own. So... on Wednesday I was at our church office and decided to swing by our old house on the way home to pick up the rent from our tenant. It was strange walking up the steps to our front door and seeing a new curtain hanging in the window. She's lived there since February... but Dan is always the one to take care of anything over there. Anyways, I was feeling a little sentimental as I knocked on the door. As the woman opened the door Eddie darted up the steps and tried to run into the house. I just about fell over. Our friends who had been keeping him live a mile and a half away in a totally different neighborhood across a busy street. Our tenant said Eddie has been hanging around for the past month or so on and off. I guess he wanted to come home. I put him in the back seat of the car and drove home. Hopefully we'll be able to keep him since he stays outside 95% of the day.

Carter watching Eddie through the window.

1 comment:

Bret and Beverly said...

Stories about pets finding their way home always amaze me! Now that he knows that his family is at this new house, he will probably want to stick around- I hope you can keep him!