Thursday, July 10, 2008

Well... our trip is finally winding down. I do have to say that we are looking forward to heading home next week and getting back into a somewhat normal routine. We have had an amazing time with friends and family and are looking forward to the day when we can be closer to everyone again.

I have so much to catch up on... but my Mom is going nuts for a recent picture of Carter... so I thought I would post some pictures from today.

We met my Aunt Jan and her fiance', Alex, in Seattle for a trip to the Woodland Park Zoo and Ballard Locks. Alex lives across the street from one of the zoo entrances... so we walked over. The weather was amazing and so many of the animals were out.

Checking out the pigs. You gotta love being able to wear a fleece in the middle of July!!



Even with all the animals to look at... this was the "exhibit"
we couldn't quite get Carter away from.



A river otter catching a fish right in front of Carter.
It startled me a bit... so the picture is a little blurry.


Jan and Alex on one of the board walks. You can't tell... but Alex is wearing his St. Louis Arch hat in support of his MO visitors.


After the zoo we walked through the rose garden next door. It was beautiful.


After the roses and a bite to eat we drove down to the Ballard Locks. Very cool! I can't believe in all my time in Seattle we have never gone there.

Carter watching the boats pass through to the Puget Sound.





In front of the Locks and salmon slides.


Carter got into the theme of slides and found one of his own by an underwater window.


A salmon heading back up into Lake Washington.


Hanging from a metal wave.


Crossing over the Locks looking towards Lake Washington. Very cool!

1 comment:

Rebecca Manor said...

Alyssa! I couldn't believe it when I saw your pictures - I have been to those lochs and that creepy underground tunnel where you can see the fish. It was so weird to see your pics and know that I have similar pictures tucked away in some box in the Brouwers basement. It was raining when I visited, but it was still so interesting to see how the lochs worked. Looks like you've had a great trip! I've missed your blog updates. It was fun seeing Dan when I was in St. Louis - wish I could have seen you too.
Enjoy the rest of your trip.
-Rebecca M.