Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Chocolate Covered Pretzels

Around this time of year there are always a lot of things at school that cost money... gift exchanges, secret santa, teacher gifts... etc. I wanted to make sure the guys had gifts for these things... but thought they would have more fun making something rather than buying a gift. A friend's daughter gave me a bag of chocolate covered pretzels as a Sunday School helper gift recently. I thought it was such a great idea... so that's what we did. I just wasn't prepared for how "into it" the guys would get... and how much of a mess it would make. I think I'll be finding sprinkles in our kitchen well into the New Year! Still... the mess was totally worth it to see Tyre perfectly melting chocolate in the double boiler! I'm guessing there are not many 13 year olds that can list that as one of their skills!




Dan was at a fundraiser that night... we had to call and tell him to stop and bring home MORE CHOCOLATE!
The drying process. I should have counted how many we ended up making.

I was super impressed with each of the guys... but the next day before school Tyre made sure all of the wax paper was cleaned up and thrown away before he headed out to school... without me even saying anything! You gotta love that!

No comments: