Tuesday, December 09, 2008

The Hair...

Poor Carter... sometimes I just don't know what to do with his hair. Take the first 10 months of his life as an example...
Why didn't anyone tell me how bad it was?! The poor kid probably couldn't hardly see for months. Dan and I were almost positive that he would end up with curly hair like Dan's... but instead he has STRAIGHT hair that grows like wildfire. I can't even remember how many haircuts he has had in his 2 1/2 years... but I will say that he has had so many that we just can't afford not to cut it ourselves. So... the hair cutting responsibilities have fallen on me... and those of you who saw him at church on Sunday can vouch for the poor skills I have.

Let me just say that it took 2 days and 3 sessions at our bathroom sink before it was not so bad that I wasn't embarrassed to leave the house.

Getting ready for the 1st cut on Saturday night.


Getting the diaper situated... he is so skinny!!

Before church I was frantically googling "how to cut a boy's hair." Still didn't get it right. Here he is with "the bowl" cut after round 2.

And here he is tonight. I finally figured out how to "blend" it properly. It still isn't perfect...

but it sure beats the bobby pins!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember your hair did not get waves until your teens and his Papa's hair was straight until he was older also. So there is hope for curles later.

Anonymous said...

reminds me of the night you cut "layers" in my hair... i think your skills have improved!

Alyssa said...

That's really funny!!! And honestly I think the hair cut I gave you really was "layered" because they were so well defined! :) Miss you!

Bret and Beverly said...

It reminds me of the time in college when Bret asked me to cut his hair.... I thought I'd be cool and "fade" the back. But I couldn't quite get it and kept shaving & shaving to the point where his hairline ended practically at the top of his ears! He tried to wear a hat, but everyone that sat behind him in class could tell he had a really horrible haircut and asked what happened!