Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Gone but not leaving...

at least for now. I am actually REALLY thankful. This week has not been nearly as hard as I thought is was going to be. For those of you who don't know... the guys only stay here on nights that they have school the next day. That's why they aren't here on weekends, holidays or summertime (except that they are)... anyway... those are the "rules" of the house. The thing is... in the last 2 1/2 years these guys have become our family (and this place their home). How do you not spend holidays with family (and how do you not stop by your home)? So... the guys were all supposed to check out last Friday after graduation and the party we hosted here (I really will post about that soon). They have "checked out" but have not moved out. They aren't sleeping here... but they are still in and out a lot. I think it's turning out to be a great transition. I still make sure we have some of their favorite foods for when they stop by... and since all of their stuff is still here that happens a lot. I know eventually their stuff will be gone and they will be off to college... but at least it's not so final as I thought it was going to be.

Anyway... I snapped a pic of Fred one of the times he was here today. It's actually perfect because I've been meaning to do a post about two articles he's been in the last few weeks. Check out his shirt...





That was after their District Championship. The shirt they got after winning State is just as awesome. I'll have to get a picture of that as well. And... here are the articles. REALLY... if you have a minute you should take some time to check them out (especially the Athlete of the Week article)....

State Chamionship

Athlete of the Week (Fred's a little bummed about the picture)

1 comment:

Lori said...

I can imagine that this would be hard Alyssa- they really are family to you, like you said. I don't doubt that all of you will continue to be special and important in one another's lives. it really is awesome to see how the Lord has used you in these kids lives, and them in yours!