Monday, October 05, 2009

Getting back into the swing of things...

It's amazing how easy it is to forget what it's like having new kids move into the house. The "getting to know you" part of the beginning can be a very emotionally draining process for them and us. You would think we would be used to the ups and downs of it after having 11 kids transition into the house at different times these last 2 1/2 years (we have 3 now)... but each one is so unique and different. All that to say... I just haven't had the energy to blog much these past few months. Thankfully we seem to slowly be getting back into the swing of things.

I thought I would post a picture of Carter from earlier today. He's another reason our energy has been zapped! :) He moves at full speed... only slowing down to sleep at night. He did finally "give up" his paci last week (not his decision). The "giving up" of the paci also led to the "giving up" of his naps (huge bummer)... but other than that the paci thing was a breeze! He still has a 2 hour rest time in his bed... and every day I will still hope that he falls asleep. Anyway... here he is helping me bake cupcakes this morning...

2 comments:

Amy said...

Yay for keeping rest time! I am so glad we did too. Isaac truly goes through phases of when he will nap and when he will not. When I need my quiet time I ask him to shut the door if he's going to be loud. It's funny because after a few weeks of telling him that, he actually does! Closes it when he is going to play "loud" on his bed with his stuffed animals and keeps it open on days when he is going to actually sleep. Glad to hear giving up the paci went well too!!! We are blessed with such wonderful boys in our lives.

Alyssa Reeve said...

That's awesome!!! I wish Carter would choose to sleep some days... but at least he stays in bed! We are so blessed with our boys!!