Monday, December 28, 2009

Claire Elaine Reeve

There are two reasons I can't believe I'm writing this right now. First... because I can't believe we're having a girl... and second... because I can't believe we found out!! We spent the last 20 weeks telling everyone that (we were pretty sure) we weren't going to find out what we were having.


Here's what happened. We went in for our appointment last week and told the woman doing our ultrasound that we did not want to find out. Claire was moving so much that it took a while to get all the measurements they needed. We left with a bunch of pictures and headed upstairs for an appointment with my doctor. We got on the elevator and looked at each other and both said we knew what it was. I've been convinced the entire pregnancy that it was a girl... but we both thought we saw something on the ultra sound that said otherwise (obviously we are not experts! :)). We met with our doctor and she said if we wanted to know we should stop back by the ultrasound office on our way out... because they don't always save those results. Since we were so sure we knew what it was... we stopped back by the office and had them put the results in an envelope. We couldn't wait and I opened the envelope on our drive home. We were shocked when we saw this...

So... now we know... although I don't think I'll really believe it until the day she is born. My due date is May 13th... but I have a c-section scheduled for May 10th. I'm really hoping to avoid a c-section this time. If things go well... we will cancel that appointment. I'm trying to keep an open mind about the whole thing... because I never would have expected my delivery with Carter to go like it did. We're just praying for a healthy pregnancy and baby... and hoping the next 20 weeks go by as fast as the first 20!!

7 comments:

Shannon said...

i didn't know you were expecting?!?! so exciting, congrats you guys, so excited for you!

Michelle said...

Alyssa! I haven't written on my blog in so long, which meant I haven't checked yours. Today was the first time in a few months that I've logged on and I'm so glad I did! Congrats! You and Dan are such awesome parents and I love reading your posts. I look forward to following you in your adventures as a monther of two! Lots of love to you and your family this holiday season!

Lisa said...

Congrats! I'm so excited and happy for you!!!

Amy said...

Hooray! Thanks for making my day! I am so glad to hear your cute story. How wonderful. Many great memories ahead for you, Dan, Carter & Claire!

The Book-Satterlees said...

How fun, congratulations!

Mama Hutch said...

Congrats! Funny that you found out in the way you did ;)

brooke b said...

Alyssa -- I'm Lindsey Schubert's sister and I love checking out your blog now and again to read about joe's place and see your awesome pics. Just read this post and felt the urge to sent out a congrats from a stranger. :) I'm super sentimental, so I love that you have this note -- and love the way it all played out. :)