Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Pioneer Woman

I am so excited I can finally do this post (I had to wait until after Christmas because it would have ruined a few gifts)! A month and a half ago my friend, Sarah and I had the chance to meet The Pioneer Woman at a book signing in downtown St. Louis. The Pioneer Woman is a blogger who lives on a cattle ranch in the Midwest. She's posted a ton of recipes on her blog that she eventually turned into a cookbook. I've read her blog (mostly her photography stuff) off and on for a few years... so it was super fun to actually get the chance to meet her, her husband and sons and to have them sign some cookbooks for us (and a few for some family Christmas gifts :)).

The signing was held at a Cathedral in downtown St. Louis.





The Pioneer Woman answering questions...





Her older son, Bryce came by and signed his picture in our cookbooks.





Her youngest son.



Sarah (click her name to see more pics) and Marlboro Man (Pioneer Woman's husband).



She was so nice! She started speaking around 7pm that night... and we finally got our chance to have her sign our books around 10:30pm. She still treated us like we were some of the first people she met that night! Such a fun evening!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

I'm so jealous; I love The Pioneer Woman. I have made several of her recipes and they are very yummy. I wish I'd gotten the chance to see her when she was in KC. I enjoy looking at the pictures on your blog. You took some beautiful pics of the Phillips family. Congrats on your baby girl!

Happy New Year!

Kelli Davis (Katherine's sister-in-law)

Megan said...

That event was on my calendar for a LONG time. And then it fell during our two-week sprint of having only one car and Craig still having two jobs and our oldest having choir that night. It just wasn't meant to be.

Glad you got to go!