Monday, June 21, 2010

iheartfaces ~ Celebrating Teens

Another perfect iheartfaces challenge this week... teens! Kind of crazy to think that over the past 3 1/2 years we've had 12 different homeless boys with us at different times. We've had 7 of those 12 in and out of our house over the past week. Kind of cool! Anyway... the picture I chose for this week's challenge is not the most perfect when it comes to sharpness and color... but it is one of my new all time favorite photos. We were trying to get a group shot together... and I asked Ty (can't believe he's been with us for 2 years now!) to hold Claire. I realized after a minute that it was his first time holding her. The look on his face made me want to cry.








~Alyssa

8 comments:

Rachel Petersen said...

I knew I wanted to read about this photo when I saw it. What a wonderful story! Great capture.

Niki said...

Wow...that is why I love photography...what a moment to keep forever!

Joanna Kristina said...

That is such a precious photo! I love it!

Cloudy in Seattle said...

Your family is impacting these young men's lives in ways you will never know. Beautiful photo!!!

Christy Kohl said...

What a great story behind this photo. great shot!

kristin tanner said...

What beauty. This makes me smile.

Inkling said...

I know there is so much you can't share here about the boys in your care. But it's clear you are making a huge impact in their lives, and I love watching it happen from my corner of the world. What a beautiful photo. I just love it. And I love Carter's prayer you blogged about earlier. On the other side of eternity, it will be incredible to see all the ways good and beautiful things happened in the lives of your kids and the lives of Joe's kids.

"Ellie's redheaded friend Sara" =)

Laura said...

What a precious photo! I love that look... so, so sweet! Great shot!!