Thursday, September 09, 2010

The "Up/Down" Bed...

That's what Carter calls his loft bed. I mean it makes perfect sense... you go up and then you come down. This bed has been a lifesaver for many reasons... the main being the fact that our kids can still share a small room and have a good amount of space. The one thing I wasn't expecting when we put Claire in with Carter at 7 weeks old... was the attachment he would start to have toward her. Makes me want to cry just writing about it. He cannot stand going to bed without her in there with him. He loves being up so high and getting to look down at her. I don't have a picture of both of them in their beds... but I do have this from a few nights ago. Carter was already tucked in while Claire was hanging out in one of the bean bag chairs while I finished something up.


3 comments:

Shannon said...

so sweet alyssa! What a great picture capturing sibling love. Gotta meet this sweet girl sometime! Any Washington trips planned in your RV? Miss you...

Audrey Woita said...

how dear! the up/down bed and wanting to have claire in bed when he goes to bed...

kp said...

she is delicious with all that chub ... can"t wait to see her.