Thursday, October 28, 2010

Life

I can't believe we'll be turning our calendar page over to November next week. It's partly because the temperatures here have been so warm up until the last couple days... but also because we have been so busy. Having a baby in the house again has made me slow down a little... and that's been great. We don't miss naps unless it's absolutely necessary. Claire has learned to start sleeping through the noise in the house just like her big brother. I am so glad! Yesterday, I asked one of our boys to please not slam the door (Claire was napping) as he walked out of the house (it had been slammed like 15 times already since school had ended). 10 seconds later we heard the door slam. He immediately poked his head back in the door with a huge smile on his face and apologized. I think teen boys just don't know how to be quiet. :) We do love this part of life... living here with these guys can have it's hard moments... but also be pretty darn amazing. Lately we've been encouraging each of them to put a little of everything on their plate during dinner. Not one of them likes veggies. A couple days ago one of the boys was dumping his portion of peas into the trash after dinner when he looked at us with a surprised look on his face and said... "I just accidentally ate two peas!" Dan and I were laughing so hard... and let me tell you... two peas is a HUGE accomplishment in this house!

Claire had her 6 month check up this week and weighed in at a little over 18 pounds. I'll have to look back and see when Carter finally got to that weight... I'm guessing he was a year and a half. Also at Claire's check up... our pediatrician noticed a "clicking" in her hip during the exam. We'll take her down to Children's Hospital for an x-ray tomorrow morning to see if it's hip dysplasia. We are praying it is nothing. If it is something... that could possibly mean surgery and a cast. We have noticed her favoring her right leg over her left (which is the leg the doctor noticed the clicking in).

Anyway... since I can't do a post without a picture... I'll include this one to continue with the randomness of this post. What are you gonna do when the only place to hang the johnny jump up is the bathroom door?


No comments: