Monday, January 29, 2007

I just needed to take a minute to vent about my morning. First... today I got up late which meant late getting lunch going for the guys and late getting Carter fed. Everyone was late getting out the door to school and Carter was losing it because he had been up for an hour and had not eaten yet. I fed Carter (which is becoming more of an ordeal each day) and put him back down on the floor to play for a while so I could clean up the mess.
This was last night...

Anyways... he scooted into the kitchen and lost it because he was so tired. I picked him back up and walked upstairs to change him for the third time in less than an hour. We had been upstairs for maybe a minute when I heard a huge crash downstairs. The light fixture over the kitchen (where we had just been) had somehow come unscrewed and fallen. Thank you Jesus for protecting our little boy.

Now Carter is in bed and I have my (now cold) coffee and the morning news. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Alyssa-

Can't belive I didn't hear about this at Bible Study- oh my goodness. It's amazing how the Lord creatively watches over us.

Shannon

kp said...

I have been missing you and wondering how you have been - guess I should check the blog more often. I did see Carter and Dan at the Heights last night - were you taking a nap I hope? Talk to you soon. kp

petunia said...

thank the Lord for dirty diapers! Yikes!