Monday, June 18, 2007

Dan and I always think back to a year ago and realize that we never in our wildest dreams would have seen ourselves where we are now. I try not to think back too hard because then I remember how many days I was in the hospital before Carter was finally born. My Mom actually bought Dan a Father's Day card last year thinking we would have celebrated his first last year instead of this year. All that to say that his Father's Day was different than we would have thought... but so much fun.

Anyways... the real story I'm getting to is about this long board that Dan has had FOREVER!! He bought it in college when he was living in the "crack house" with his good friends Rob and Luke. If I have the story right it was actually Luke's cousin who made the board out of Russian Beach. Dan's not really sure what happened to the wheels and bearings, but they have not been on the board since I have known him. My sister, Erica, got him some wheels for Christmas which have been sitting in one of our night stands. A couple months ago Seth saw the board sitting in our garage and mentioned to me that he used to fix skate boards. He snuck it out of the house on Friday and had it back for Father's Day on Sunday looking brand new. Dan was so excited.

Dan and Seth

Taking it for a spin

Dan and Carter... and yes they are going down a hill at a pretty good speed. I think I need to get Carter a helmet this week.

Last night Dan and Seth took the board to a parking lot to ride it down some hills. I was in the living room watching TV until Jose' and Steven talked me into going outside to take some pictures of them "dunking" on each other. Before we went in they lowered the rim so I could actually dunk. Pretty nice!!

1 comment:

Kate said...

I love your family and the stories you three are creating. Thank you so much for sharing everything that you do here. I really enjoy it.