Sunday, November 25, 2007

The Stroller

I have a ton of great Thanksgiving pictures... but I've been meaning to do this post for a while... so I thought I would do it first.

Ever since I first found out I was pregnant with Carter I've been trying to figure out what I wanted to do about a stroller. I knew I didn't want one that was too big since we had a really small car at the time. I wanted one that would recline, but I also wanted a jogger. I didn't know what to do. We finally ended up with a stroller frame to click his car seat into when he was a baby. I also got a small umbrella stroller at one of my showers, a friend gave me a used heavy duty umbrella stroller, another friend gave me her big reclining stroller and another friend is letting us borrow her jogging stroller. They are all ok... but not what I have been looking for. I started to look around for used Maclarens because they are awesome but a bit out of our price range. I also really like Peg Peregos... but these are about 10 times out of our price range.

My friend Julie is great at finding deals. A couple months ago she called and told me about a used Peg on Craig's List. I was able to get it for $15.00. It wasn't in great condition... but was pretty close to what I was looking for. The Pegs have a step on the back that older kids can ride on. My 7 year old niece, Lexie, rode all over the zoo on the step. Anyways... a couple weeks ago I was at a consignment shop when I saw it! A Peg that looked brand new for $45.00. I was able to trade my current Peg in and get the new one for $30.00!! It's around $400.00 if you buy it brand new.

It comes with a boot that zips around the front of the stroller for the cold weather. I took this after church this morning. We walked there in the almost freezing rain because we couldn't handle being in the car again after 18 hours of traveling the past 4 days.



The handle flips around so you can walk with your baby facing you or facing forward.




Ok... now I wrote way more than I meant to... but I was just really excited.

5 comments:

Lori said...

Alyssa, that is awesome! Ann Louise and I were looking at Carter in it this morning looking all cozy. I love that you can turn it around so that he is facing you! I had no idea that strollers could be this expensive! Maybe I should start looking for a deal on one of these now and then maybe we'll find a great one for a great price by the time we have kiddos some day. :)
Hope your sabbath has been good!

homesweetidahome said...

Nice! I know that you've been wanting a Peg Perego stroller for a while. What a bargain!

Unknown said...

And it looks like it has a cup holder! The perfect place to put your coffee!

Audrey Woita said...

Can't believe I didn't oogle this yesterday.
Congrats on your new acquisition!

ljbrouwer said...

Alyssa, I think you now are the best bargin hunter! There are a couple car seats on Craigslist that match your stroller. You could sell yours and buy one. Then you would have a complete set!
Nice job on the find!