Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Was Thanksgiving really less than a week ago? Sometimes I feel like someone pushed the fast forward button on our lives. Living here has really made me a different person. You just have to learn to go with the flow. Like yesterday when the school nurse (who I've gotten to know quite well over the past year) called at 2:00pm to say that Steven needed to go to the ER (he sprained his ankle pretty bad in gym class). Carter had just fallen asleep for his nap after an hour of talking and crying in his crib. Fortunately the school Therapist was here at the time so I could go pick Steven up from school. Dan was then able to get someone to cover for his last class so he could take him to the hospital. The ER visits are never short and Dan had to be at a class at 5pm. Thankfully our Pastor was able to go sit with him for several hours and then bring him home. Here he is last night...


The bummer thing is that today is the day that we scheduled our 1st time Joe's Olympics. Steven was a good sport about it and was able to compete in almost every event. The first event was a scavenger hunt at the mall. Dan and I tied for first in that. Second event was the stairway hang:





Seth dominated that event.

The 3rd event was a Mario Cart challenge...

Seth also won that event... but not by much.

The last event was a basketball throw out the kitchen window. You got 1 point if you hit the backboard, 2 points if you hit the rim and 3 points if you made a basket.




Dan won the basketball round which put him into first place for the gold medal.


It was really fun. I'm pretty proud of myself for getting the bronze.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

You guys are great! If Nate reads this post I'm sure we'll be doing something similar tonight (:

Anonymous said...

Alyssa, You guys are so much fun! And so creative! I don't doubt that the boys really love you two! I'm also impressed that you hung in there right alongside them for the bronze. You go girl! Do you think that I could be on your team if we ever had to do something like this as a church? :)
Lori

Erica said...

Seth won Mario Cart? Really??? I am shocked!!! :) Get well soon Steven!

Kate said...

I want to come live with you all and play your games!