Thursday, December 13, 2007

As Carter has grown we've really come to find out that he is a "pick your battles" kind of kid. We just have to come to grips with the fact that we are not going to win every battle. This is the latest battle that we have lost...


The truck book now goes to bed with Carter for naps and bedtime. The book has started to look pretty bad actually... although not as bad as his favorite blanket that I had to use to wipe up my spilled soda off the floor of a department store today (a Carter battle story that I'd rather not get into... lets just say we were both in tears by the time we got out of there).

He is so in love with trucks that we joked about just wrapping up all of his current trucks for Christmas. They are really the only thing he plays with... that is until this afternoon when he was playing with the newspaper. Dan finally realized he was only holding the newspaper because he found a picture of a truck.


Carter was so frustrated with it that Dan ended up cutting it out and laminating it with tape so Carter could carry it around the house. We can only hope he will be this passionate about school when he is older.

3 comments:

Erica said...

Aaah! I remember those days! There was one time Lexie lost it in Target and I was so upset I actually called Dad to come pick her up! Don't worry it gets better! :)

Anonymous said...

Alyssa, I love the Reeve's Rantings picture. I so enjoy your photography. What a determined little guy Carter is. It is so cute how he is focused on trucks. His daddy really enjoyed playing with trucks when he was a little guy as well.

Lori said...

That is so funny that you guys laminated the picture for him! I love it! Sorry yesterday was a rough one in the store.
Lori