Saturday, November 22, 2008

Listening to Carter put words together has been so much fun. In the last couple weeks his vocabulary has exploded. We can now understand what he is saying almost all of the time.

So... this morning Dan let me sleep in... when I finally came downstairs I found a roaring fire in the fireplace and Carter and Dan sitting separately each with a book in their lap. So fun! I sat down next to Carter and he eventually began to park his trucks on my feet. When I told him I was going to get up and get coffee he told me he needed his trucks to stay on my feet. I asked him if he would go get some for me. So... he got up and helped Dan fix every part of my coffee and then "helped" Dan carry it over to me. After that he decided he needed some coffee of his own. We're teaching him the right way to spend his mornings!

2 comments:

Michael and Mandy said...

I got to sleep in this morning too - and take a nap!

Lindsey said...

so sweet :-)