Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Morning

I think I've said this before... but there are days when lines from Carter's books pop into my head. Today the line was... "and happy Thanksgiving yelled everyone!"

We had a great day today. My sister and brother-in-law (Cari and Scott) made the 14 hour drive from Colorado to spend four days with us. There's just nothing like being with family during the holidays. We started out the morning with our traditional Monkey Bread and the Thanksgiving Day Parade. It was fun this year because Carter wanted to help make the bread.



After the parade Cari and I started on our desserts while the boys played in the backyard. The weather was amazing. Dan built Carter a fort to play in... but of course all he wanted to do was park his cars. Still lots of fun!




Check out the bobby pins in Carter's hair. I want his hair to grow out just a little more... but it's always in his face right now. Dan didn't let me leave them in very long...



2 comments:

Unknown said...

you are so funny and practical! I could see myself doing the same thing if Nathan didn't have such ridiculously straight hair... i think my husband would have the same response.
We are coming to visit Jan. 8th weekend while eric takes a class at cts... hope you will be around. i would love to get a hug and see how big Carter is these days!

Alyssa said...

Hey Annette!
I would love that! Let me know what your plans are. Will the kiddos be with you?