Tuesday, March 02, 2010

The zone...

A couple years ago we had to make a little rule in regards to where in this house personal music, headphones and phones were allowed. I can't tell you how frustrating it is when you've been talking to someone for several minutes before realizing they haven't heard a thing you said because they were wearing headphones. Or hearing 4 to 6 different ring tones going off every couple of minutes (that doesn't even include the different tones for e-mails and text messages). Anyway... we were on tone overload.... so we decided that the main level of the house was going to be a "No Phone Zone." That means no headphones, phones on silent and no personal music. The silence since then has really been music to my ears!! :) It's awesome. I guess that's why I also found some humor in this picture I took a few nights ago. The room was pretty quiet when I looked over. It is possible to interact quietly with your phone!! :)



A rule we DON'T have in this house is a no ball throwing rule. You would think it would be a good rule... but really... in the more than 3 years we've lived here we've had football players, basketball players, and baseball players... so you just gotta know balls are going to get thrown. They can't help themselves. :) And... not once has something ever been broken!! Maybe our guys have just all had great aim! :)


1 comment:

Amy said...

SMART rule Alyssa!!!
I love it and may use it my house someday!