Thursday, May 13, 2010

Happy Due Date, Claire!

As much of a shock as it was that Claire came three weeks early... I do have to say I'm so glad the anticipation, delivery and first three weeks of adjustment are behind us. I am having a hard time with Dan going back to work tomorrow. I had it in my mind that his paternity leave would run right into summer break... but we had to make some adjustments when Claire surprised us. The newborn thing I can handle (Claire has been a dream!)... it's life at Joe's Place that can at times be overwhelming right now. Dan has taken over all the parts of life here that I normally handle... and that's why I'm so sad to see him go back (that and it's been so nice to actually have some alone time with him without teenagers around during the day). We do have family helping us out... so at least I'm not alone.

Here's Dan enjoying his last day of leave... :)



And here are a few pictures of Claire on her official due date at almost three weeks old. The amazing blanket she is on arrived in the mail this week from my best friend's mom! Kathy... thank you so much... we love it!!! I can already tell it's going to get a lot of use!

Getting a little sleepy...



She already seems like she's grown so much! I think she looks so girly in this picture! :)





Carter also loved the blanket!



Speaking of Carter... he finally had his nut allergy testing today (after a 3 1/2 month wait). Dan and his mom ended up taking Carter to the appointment. He did amazing! He had to have his back pricked in four different places and he had to have blood drawn! :( I'm so glad I wasn't there because just hearing about it made me want to cry. Carter did not cry at all... he even watched when they put the needle in his arm. Brave guy! So far it looks like he does not have any allergies to any nuts... we'll know for sure when we get the blood work back next week. We'll still have to carry his epi-pen with us just in case and avoid pecans for the next year.



One last picture from last night that I couldn't leave out. This is actually an entire other post that I'm going to get to at some point. Sadly... our finished basement has flooded twice in the last two and half weeks (yes... that's twice since Claire was born!!). Normally you wouldn't think it would be that big of a deal... but we use that space almost more than any other part of the house. The guys are starting to go a little nuts because of it... and everyone's sleeping and bathing arrangements have been a little displaced since we've had family in town for the last two weeks (our guest room is in the basement... as well as one of our much used bathrooms). Anyway... Ty're was helping Dan check out the basement drain after dinner last night to make sure it wasn't clogged. Carter saw Ty with a headlamp and insisted that he needed one too so he could help out. Can you tell how excited he is?!

No comments: