Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The 1st Day

Carter started the 1st day of his 2nd year of preschool yesterday. It's amazing when we think back to how much he has changed since this time last year. He's has grown into the sweetest, most imaginative, HIGH energy little boy. He knows what he wants and he never forgets anything! I think he's gone back and forth between excitement about school (two mornings a week) this year and wanting to stay home with mommy. He made sure to ask if I would miss him... and then assured me that everything would be ok. His first day was great. Two of his best buddies from last year are in his class again. He was super excited when I picked him up... but a few hours later talked about just wanting to stay home. He's just like his daddy! :)

Before you look at the pictures... I just want to say that he picked out his shirt. I know he loves it... but his mommy does not! :) Dan's trying to help me let go of stuff like that.

Here he is (Just realized he wore the same shorts on his first day of school last year. They are 2T!!)...





All the males in our house heading off to school. It's up to Claire and I to do our part and make sure we get a lot of time in at the mall! :)



I'm totally not on top of things this year. Almost took him to school a week early... and didn't even think to take my camera to school yesterday. Thankfully I had my phone!!

Wouldn't even look at me to say goodbye...



I'm going to have to take my camera to get better shots... but they have done a ton of work to the play area. The playground and gardens are just beyond these trees...



and the chicken coop is behind the red barn that is under construction. You can see they are still finishing things up... but there is a little wooden bridge that leads to fun little buildings for the kids to play in...



They've also added this huge sandbox. Carter told me he played in it twice yesterday... and I could tell when I looked in his hair! :)



We're looking forward to a great year!

No comments: