Tuesday, August 25, 2009

And... he's off!!

I can't believe it! Carter just started his first day of preschool! I love that his school is close enough to walk. Dan can actually see part of our walk from his 4th floor classroom window across the street. So fun! So... this morning we enjoyed a slow walk to his school (past the police and fire station... which is always exciting). When we got to his classroom he asked me to read one book to him and then after the book stood up and told me goodbye (I think every other kid still had at least one parent there)! So I left... I watched him through the window for a bit and he went and sat down on a pillow at a little table to build a tower. He didn't even look back! We are so excited for this amazing opportunity!



Our good friend, Julie, got him this backpack. It couldn't be more perfect!!


8 comments:

Audrey Woita said...

He looks so GROWN UP! Hope he has a great experience at the school...it sounds. I"m glad you will have some time alone ... finally!

brooke jared said...

alyssa- oh my goodness. that would just make me a puddle. how adorable- and what a great little school! loving all the photos. did you get a new lens? they are beautiful....

brooke

Lisa said...

He is growing up so fast!!! And he looks so adorable..pretty soon he'll be studying calculus!

Lisa said...

And...how long did it take you to pick out his "first day of school outfit"??

kp said...

that is the best picture of him - he knows how it works - he's been watching those big boys head off to school on the first day for 2 years now - I just love the haircut - missing you. kp

Michael and Mandy said...

That is the cutest pic of him yet - and you've taken some good ones.

Alyssa said...

Thanks, you guys!!!

Nana and Papa said...

A new season for Carter and Mom and Dad. How the time will fly. He looks so precious!