Monday, November 15, 2010

When it rains it pours...

I feel like every few months we have days here at Joe's Place where it just it just feels like we're dealing with one hard thing after another. Today was one of those days. One of those days where I actually felt like yelling at people to stop staring at me when I walked through a store with one of our boys. I know we don't look like your "typical" family... but that doesn't mean you need to look at me like I have 3 eyes! Anyway... it was a hard and emotionally draining day. Our sweet Carter just goes with the flow. So... when he spread dirt from some pots across our cabinet in our dining room for his matchbox cars... I just let him go for it. In the grand scheme of things... what's a little dirt in our dining room?

Is it Friday yet?


3 comments:

Michelle said...

This is a very sweet post Alyssa. Stay strong! You may not be "typical" but you are extraordinary!

Anonymous said...

thank you for the reminder to keep my perspective where it needs to be. exactly what i needed tonight.
love you!
ellie

Kate said...

Extraordinary for sure.