Friday, October 03, 2008

I've been feeling a lot like this guy lately...

Maybe that's part of the reason I haven't felt like posting much.

That and a man that was very dear to me passed away 2 weeks ago. My Grandpa Floyd meant the world to me and I miss him so much.

Here he is just over a year ago at the Merry-Go-Round in the Berkley Hills in CA. This was one of my (and my sisters) favorite places to go with him.


So... it was fitting that we met some friends at the Merry-Go-Round in St. Louis yesterday. Carter and I got there a little early and were the only ones on the ride. I didn't realize how emotional it would make me feel.





4 comments:

Amy said...

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your grandpa. I hope your sweet memories with him give you some comfort.

Carter is getting so big, what a cute kiddo. Love the hair.

Shannon said...

So sorry about your grandpa- wish I had known. What a great memory to have with your grandpa.

I had a great time at the zoo with you, the lighting in those pictures is really nice. Hope you're having a good Saturday.

Lori said...

Alyysa- I am sorry to hear about your grandpa. May the Lord bring you comfort in the midst of your grief.

Bret and Beverly said...

Alyssa, I'm very sad to hear of your loss. Please give my condolences to your whole family. It's very hard to lose our grandparents- I've especially been thinking about Grandpa Swanson a lot lately....