Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Yesterday, I met a couple of friends for lunch at our local park. I love this weather. It was perfect... except for the fact that Carter would not sit still. I guess he was just in a wandering mood. At one point I was trying to coax him back over to the picnic blanket where we were eating when a woman at the swings said hi and asked if I was Mr. Reeve's wife. I said yes and she mentioned that her oldest son, who is now in High School, had Dan as a teacher last year and LOVED him. Sometimes I do feel like I live just a tiny bit in Dan's shadow... which is totally fine with me. He just has one of those personalities that connects really well with a lot of different people. So... the woman knew about Joe's Place and said she thought it was amazing what we were doing. It always gives me such a huge boost when people stop and tell us that.

Anyway... her son plays a sport with a couple of our guys and has classes with them. The thing I really don't think about with our guys... is how much they talk about life at Joe's to kids at school. I mean... it makes sense... I just assume that they don't really talk about it. So... the woman tells me that her son got in trouble a couple days ago and ended up having to do some chores because of it. He was upset and told his mom that she should talk to the Reeves at Joe's Place because they have that house so organized. I could not stop laughing. I do have to admit that it made me feel pretty good. It just really makes me wonder what our guys say...

Here they are at dinner the other night...

No comments: