Thursday, April 10, 2008

I knew it would be hard having Dan back in night classes... but I didn't realize it would be this hard. I don't think we've felt this exhausted since Carter was born. The good news is that the end is in sight. The semester will be over in a couple weeks and he'll have his teaching certificate!! In December he will be completely done with his Master of Education. It doesn't really feel like the end is that close... and that's probably because it's really not. Dan will be starting a 2nd program in January. He will be getting a M.A.T. in Reading at Webster University. It's exciting but also a little overwhelming to think about. He still only has 4 classes to complete to get his Theology degree (the whole reason we moved to STL) at Covenant... so hopefully he'll be able to finish that soon as well.

With Dan gone so much we have been enjoying watching and playing all kinds of ball. I do have to say my wiffle ball pitching arm is getting better. Here are some pictures from the last couple weeks.

Carter taking a seat on one of the basketballs that is usually floating around our main floor. We have had to put a serious no bouncing in the house rule in effect (for all age groups) since all this rain started.

Watching Steven's fist game. Carter loved it because 4 trains went right by the field during the game. We could also see several Metro Link trains go by from where we were sitting. What more could an almost 2 year old (I decided a couple months ago that I'm not going to count Carter's age in months any more because I can never remember) ask for.

Steven catching.

With how exhausted we have felt... we are really looking forward to spending time with family this summer. Our first stop will be Hawaii with my side of the family. We were all set in January when we found an amazing deal on tickets. Then a week ago the airline we bought our tickets on went bankrupt. We were able to find new tickets on Saturday... but ended up paying twice as much and we still don't know if we'll get our money back from the original airline.

Speaking of traveling... I don't think I mentioned this... but on our way back from vacation a couple weeks ago the flight attendant stopped me at the door of the plane because she thought I was an unaccompanied minor. That is the other reason I cut my hair. I figured that I need to look older than a high schooler since we live with two. I think I finally look my age (Ellie... this pic is for you :)).

No comments: