Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Sunbeams

One more post. I just uploaded the pictures from my "purse" camera today and found some I wanted to share. Today was a really good day but also kind of emotional for some reason. Maybe I was kind of emotional because it was our last Sunbeams class. Carter has been taking the class for 12 weeks and has really enjoyed it. I decided not to sign up for the last session because of how much we have going on with the end of the school year. So... today was the last day of his first "class." Here are some pics from the morning:






My good friend Jenny Lark and her daughter Manna have been taking the class with us. We headed to our favorite park after the class was over to enjoy some of the beautiful weather we had today.





The other great part of my day was Carter's nap time. Our Pastor's son is home schooled and has volunteered three of his afternoons to sit at the house so I can get out for some alone time. It has been wonderful. Today while he was here I was able to have lunch with two good friends. This leads me to the other part of my emotional day. Let me just start by saying that Dan took Monday and Tuesday off because he felt pretty awful. Anyway, during lunch my cell phone rang. I answered it and it was Dan's principal. He said he didn't want to alarm me but they couldn't find Dan. I just about lost it. I couldn't figure out where Dan could be in the middle of the school day that would cause him to be gone long enough for the principal to call me. Students had gone to his classroom after lunch and the door was locked. They also knocked on one of the bathroom doors and it was locked and no one was answering. You can probably guess what everyone was thinking with Dan not having felt well this week already. I jumped in my car and headed towards home to see if he was there. On the way he finally answered his cell phone. It turns out that he had been in a meeting and lost track of time. Everyone is laughing about it now but I still feel kind of shook up about it.

After school we headed back to our favorite neighborhood park with Dan. The Maplewood Girls Soccer team practices there because space is so limited at the school. Carter is always obsessed with their soccer balls. The fact the the girls are practicing right there doesn't seem to bother him. He almost got away with one of the balls.




Ok... that ended up being a lot longer than I meant it to be.

1 comment:

Lori said...

That would be scary! I am glad everything was okay!