Thursday, August 07, 2008

I don't know why it's taken us so long to do this... but this morning we finally took Carter on his first MetroLink ride (St. Louis' light rail system). We walked the 4 1/2 blocks from our house to the Maplewood stop and caught the Eastbound train to the only appropriate place to go on your first ride... Union Station. He loved it! The best part was all of the tunnels.

Walking up to the stop.


Buying our tickets.



Waiting for our "choo choo."


Riding alongside an Amtrak train.


In the Grand Hall.





Looking out the window on our way home.


I also wanted to include these last two pictures from our walk home. I don't know why this sign cracks me up every time I see it. I get why they did it backwards... but I just think it would have looked better the other way.

We ended up walking back through the pool parking lot... so I snapped a picture of where Dan's new classroom is. It's the top 3 windows (the small window on the left is his office). Isn't that an awesome view... although I think I might have a hard time paying attention. You can actually see the MetroLink from his classroom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all had a fun day experiencing the MetroLink. Dan you certainly do have a nice view from your office. Praying for you all as the new school year begins.

Mom and Dad