Saturday, August 16, 2008

I wanted to post this picture for a couple reasons. First, because it's Ty's (Fred's youngest brother) birthday today. We first met Ty when he was a 5th grader. This year he'll be going into 7th grade and will have Dan for two classes! I think he's pretty excited about that... although he'll have to get used to calling him Mr. Reeve.

The second reason I wanted to put the picture up is because Fred made this cake (with a little decorating help) for Ty this afternoon after a four hour Saturday football practice. How many 19 year olds do you know (still in full practice gear) that would spend three hours on a Saturday making sure their 13 year old brother had a special day. It made me want to cry.

1 comment:

kp said...

Well, it made me cry - he is such a great kid! thanks for sharing these notes on the boys - it helps us connect with them and it exemplifies the work God is doing in your "home" love you guys. kp