Tuesday, May 12, 2009

An almost perfect picnic...

I hate being so far behind on my blogging... the last few months have flown by at a speed I've never seen. I feel like it should still be March. I wish I could just hit pause for a little bit to catch my breath. It seems like yesterday that I took this picture on the first day of their senior year. I can't believe that yesterday already marked the beginning of their last normal week of high school. They are so excited... and so are we (although my excitement is mixed with a little more sadness than anyone else). Anyway, I just wanted to post one picture from last night (more will be coming soon) before I have to get going this morning.

Last year we started a tradition of picking up a bite to eat and heading to the Forest Park visitor center and playground for dinner. Last night we continued the tradition. It's amazing how long it takes to schedule a night when everyone is home. Steven got to pick the meal (burgers and shakes) since we were actually celebrating his acceptance (and huge scholarship!!) to a great 4 year University here in St. Louis. We are so proud of these guys!! They said the night was perfect... except for having to sit on a blanket to eat dinner!! :)



We had so much fun! The guys (including Dan) ended up playing tag in the dark on the playground. It was so fun to hear everyone laughing so hard. I don't think anyone was ready to go home by the time we finally left.

No comments: