Monday, May 18, 2009

Letting it shine...

I'm trying to mentally prepare myself so I will not be an emotional wreck this last week of school (our seniors are done this week even though graduation isn't for 2 weeks). As I updated our (much hated :)) chore chart last night I realized that it was the last time I would be changing the rotation with those 4 names on it (I had to stop myself from taking a picture). I know they aren't sad about that... but I am. These last 2 and 1/2 years we have worked so hard to get through the "now" that I just didn't realize how quickly the end would be coming. Anyway... you'll be hearing a lot more about our 3 seniors (and how sad and proud I am) over the next two weeks.

Today I wanted to put up a picture of Tyre. Last night he was walking around the house with two pieces of artwork he did this year singing... "This little art of mine, I'm going to let it shine." This guy has been through some tough stuff... but I thought he sang it so perfectly... thanks to our school district and so many people in our community... he really is getting a chance to shine!! Way to go, Tyre!!


5 comments:

kp said...

wow - I am super impressed! Tyre - those are awesome - totally cool!

Michael and Mandy said...

Nice art! And nice haircut! Am I right - wasn't his hair longer just a few days ago??? Hope to see more art - that is good stuff.

Alyssa said...

Yep... Jeff chopped off Tyre's hair a few days ago. It's such a huge difference!!

Kate said...

I really like the sculpture, it is wonderful. Can you do a whole series on his work?...that would mean if he doesn't have more now, he'll have to get to work and put more stuff up so we can see it, talk about it and enjoy it. Yeah?

Audrey Woita said...

Great art...no wonder he wants to let it shine!